3.02.2017

Writer's Challenge- day one

Writer's challenge:  This next month I am taking the challenge to write 100 words a day... join the challenge or follow along and  meet some people and places that I love both real and imagined.  Photos of the barns were taken in Manti, Utah on one of my adventures some of which  appeared in the Southwest magazine, Etched.

 Challenge Day one: It's cold outside as we  seek shelter from the storm inside the old barn. The darkness of the night evaporates as we stir the embers of the fire.  Surely, no one would find us on a night like this.  How long had we been running?   I had lost track.  Days, weeks?  It was a mystery.  I heard Ruthie's stomach growling as I looked up to see her tired eyes.  There was no smile tonight.  she looked so fragile and frail.  A mere shadow of the girl she was a year ago.  

But then I was different too.  We wanted to find him.  Our father, the man we were told abandoned us after our mother's death.  Or so that is what our aunt and uncle told us.  But something just didn't feel right.












No comments:

Post a Comment