3.25.2017

A Forever Spring

It is March and spring in Idaho. My thoughts drift often to Jennie as I am here in Pocatello on a rail run.  There are so many daffodils.  I imagine her twirling endlessly. 

 It would be nice to come home on nights like this and have a nice warm supper and a cheerful rosy cheeked little wife welcoming me. I see pictures of Jennie in my head- they are beautiful.  I imagine a future with her.  

"We are sitting down to supper alone.  We start talking about the "little ones" who will add to our happiness.  We smile and exchange glances. 

"What happiness lies a head for us Jennie." I say.  

She smiles and nods. Her beautiful blue eyes lock on mine."  

A future such as my day dream- I can only hope. I can hardly believe a city girl like Jennie has fallen for a "railway man" like me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment