3.24.2017

Return to the Rail

After our first date to the Blue Bird, Jennie was all I could think of... I was reprimanded a few times on the job for having my head in the clouds.

I found it difficult to concentrate on my life on the rail. All that kept me going were the letters we exchanged.

Pocatello Idaho
March 2, 1914
My Dear Jennie,
While I sat thin this evening of you, I decided to write my thought to you such as they are.

I am very tired this evening having just arrived from Huntington Oregon at eight p.m. and dear as my thoughts are of you always.  I I sincerely wish you were near me all the time.

Perhaps you can realize what it is to want for something especially someone who is most dear to you and can not go to her.

Well dear, I live in hopes that I will get my little friend someday and dear the sooner the better as I know I will be better off and as I can keep someone I want you, just you.

Isn't it the most glorious thing this love one gets for another.  It appears most heavenly it its mission, and dear I enjoy it more and more every day.And it is getting almost unbearable.  Can't you come, won't you come dear, as you have stolen into my life it appears that you have become a part of it, to leave as silently as you entered it would nearly break my heart. I do believe.

I will try and bear it until the spring dear, and won't you come to me as I have before stated you are the missing link of the chain to my happiness.

Love,
Ed 

No comments:

Post a Comment