3.12.2017

Oh brother

You would think Cleve and I  would be super close, with our mother dying when we were so young, our father Edwin remarrying,  and our aunt and uncle raising us,  but that's not the case.  In fact, Cleve and I have one photo of the two of us together- one photo.

Cleve pulled me from my bed and bundled me up nice and warm. I rubbed my tired eyes and asked him what was going on.  He shushed me,
"Don't wake baby sister."

"I am taking you to see the daffodils,"  he said.

Cleve and I were so different and each of us had our own battles to fight.  I wish we could have fought them together.

Cleve joined the Naval Academy when he was 18 and that was it.  He left me, our little town nestled in the mountains, and our faith.  I wondered if he ever looked back.

I thought of him often and wondered, "Did he ever think of me?""

No comments:

Post a Comment