3.07.2017

Uncle Cleve

"Edwin,"  Principal Bates shouted!  "Are you here again?"
I could tell Principal Bates' patience was coming to an end. Let's just say I was a frequent visitor to his office, and they weren't pleasure visits.  Nope, school came a little to easy for me and I seemed to find trouble faster than I found the cookie jar.

My parents, Leo and Marie were charmed by my intelligence, but my common sense well that was another story.  Dad tried his best, but ever since the depression hit and he lost the market on canal street, our relationship was never quite the same.

The older Ruthie and I got the less frequent our visits to our father Ed in Ogden were. Of course, he always sent daffodils to Ruthie on her birthday.  I am not sure how he managed daffodils in December.

 Ruthie admired my intelligence but tired of my teasing, so when I mentioned the opportunity that Principal Bates extended to me take the competitive  examinations to attend the United State Naval Academy in Anapolis, Maryland she was immediately elated.

No comments:

Post a Comment