3.13.2017

Mystery Monday- Anna Marie

Anna, Cleve and Ruth
Anna Marie came home from the hospital with mom on a Monday.  I was 12 and Cleve was 13.  I was overjoyed with this mysterious bundle. Cleve not so much.

Mom said, "Her name is Anna Marie."

I smiled when mom handed her to me. She smelled absolutely wonderful.  Her tiny pink hands and feet, dark curly hair, bright eyes- she was perfect.

I whispered softly, "I'm your big sister, and I love you."

Cleve grunted, "It'll never be the same now that they have their own baby."

"shush," I said.
I turned back to Anna Marie, "Don't mind him.  He's just a boy."

I was instantly in love with Anna.  And of course my parents at 39 and 40 years of age would need my help.  They may not be the perfect age to be the parents of a new born, but I was the perfect age to be a big sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment