3.22.2017

Wednesday Write- Bargains with God


  The blossoms are breathtaking and the blades of grass are beginning to shoot up through the barren ground.  Spring is coming.... feels so refreshing as winter seems to have zapped joy and gladness.  Love the daffodils and Tulips as they dance and giggle and spread gladness.   

Although I love winter and its incredible beauty, I am always ready for spring.  I wonder if we bargained with God and said "we would take winter, but please don't make us miss the spring."  

I think we may have said the same thing about tragedy and adversity,  "We will take them Heavenly Father, but please remember to send the blessings and  the tender mercies- the joy."

  Monday, I was able to attend the court proceedings of the adoption finalization of my cousin's twin baby girls. 

I was overwhelmed with emotion as I sat in the courtroom and witnessed the event.  No longer were they baby girl one and two- they had names on the records of the court- Bellamy and Dempsey.  

Even the judge became emotional.  I am certain for him with all the "winter" he sees, witnessing "spring" is a rare and beautiful blessing.

The adoption was joyful, but my cousin, and her husband have experienced more than their fair share of "winter."  This day they stood strong.  They don't take parenthood for granted and they are totally a team.  

I was so grateful to witness the strength that stood behind them in the courtroom- brothers, sisters, grandparents, great grandparents, cousins, friends. The feeling in the air was palpable.  What a joy to see them all enjoy a little bit of spring as "winter" has been hard this year.

When the barren branches of winter are sprinkled with snow dust next year, I will draw upon the strength of this day and its dancing daffodils and laughing tulips.  It will allow me to see the goodness of the white winter world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment