11.08.2014

Weekend Wonderful

As a mother of five, I don't often get one of those wonderful weekend feelings.  However,  this weekend it happened... wonderful!
Friday night, Rigby took me out for a dinner and a drive in our '71 Chevy- love that truck. Afterwards, we watched Madsen play in a game of basketball.  He was a machine!

  Saturday got off to a great start by watching our cute Emma play basketball.  Few things make me smile as much as this--it's only city Rec, but she did score 18 out the team's 20 points- her brothers were duly impressed!





 Then we geared up for the upcoming holiday by going to our town's Story Book Cavalcade Parade- its my favorite parade of the year.  I loved watching the parade this year with Maleck.  Both Stockton and Emma were in the parade.  Emma was one of the Wild Things and Stockton was a rooster.  


 I have to say the parade put me in the holiday mood and got my creative juices pumping-- I love the holiday season and It doesn't bother me one bit that Halloween kicks it off.  











 At the conclusion of the parade, we went to Iron mission days at the local museum.  It was so fun to take this time to reconnect with 3 of my 5 kiddos.  Emma and Maleck were delighted by the pioneer activities and Stockton was a trooper to come along for the experience.  I of course, loved the history and loved being with the three of them (Daddy, Seleck, and Madsen were working at the car wash- missed them today).

Panning for gold







candle dipping





making candle holders


washing clothes the old fashion way






volunteer who poses for all the women who fought in the Civil War- most interesting find...



And to top it off, the evening ended by attending the play "Footloose" with my mom.  It was one of those perfect days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment