11.06.2014

Thursday Musings



I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with Darci Hansen, editor in chief of Etched magazine.  As a little girl I would fall to sleep listening to the click, clack, click of my mother's old manual typewriter- it was my lullaby. Mom wrote for the local paper," The Iron County Today" for what I lovingly refer to as "shoe money" for her brood of seven.

  As I grew older, I would descend the dark basement stairs to the cold humongous metal desk where I would piece together squares of papers with my scribbled penmanship creating my own newspapers. 

In Middle School, I had the opportunity to be a part of starting a school newspaper with my dear friends, Suzanne, Megan, and Mackay.  Thanks to Megan's mom, Sage, my dream of being a writer were taking shape.

In high school, I served as co-editor for the Cedar Post where my mother was the adviser as was named English Sterling Scholar.

In college, I had "the" epiphany as I sat at the feet of master teacher David Lee and he brought to life Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.  I was hooked- English was declared my major.

So now nearly 20 years later I am living my "happily ever after" as first and foremost wife to my best friend, Travis and mother of five amazingly talented children: Seleck, Stockton, Madsen, Emma, and Maleck.  In my spare time, I  make time to writer- I am a blogger and a freelance writer.  I AM HAPPY!

But at night, when I can't sleep I long for the click, clack, click and zing of mom's old typewriter and as I drift off to dreamland, I am writing stories...


No comments:

Post a Comment