2.04.2016

Why Motherhood?

Eighteen years ago this April I gave birth to our oldest son Seleck.  Rigby and I felt so very blessed to begin our family.  Eighteen years ago this April I also left my classroom as an English Teacher.  I loved it and I was passionate about it.

However, not knowing where our next buck was coming from, 
Travis finished his degree and we put our lives in the hand of the Lord. It has been a great blessing to us as a family and me individually. 

Why Motherhood?  You see no one else can be me.  I could have pursued a degree in law or continued in my education- a college professor perhaps, but I would have missed so much! It has been an adventure to say the least.  But at the end of the day when I do "tuck ins"  I am so grateful for the "ride!"

There are good days and bad days, but mostly grateful days.  My life as a teacher has never ended.  The other night I had the opportunity to read and "teach" each of our "fab Five."  I studied the snake with Maleck, Elder Oaks' talk "Good, Better, Best" with Madsen, read a great pre teen book with Emma- the chapter was about a girl and her first date- it was a disaster.  Emma and I enjoyed the laugh.  I finished reading The Red Badge of Courage with Stockton and studied Federalist Paper # 51 with Seleck.  It was a good "mom" night.

I have never left the world of education.  I am an active member of the PTA in the Elementary, Middle School, and high school.  I also serve on each of the community councils in these three schools. And  I volunteer weekly in Emma and Maleck's classrooms.  My love of learning and education has never left me.

I don't know if I will ever return to the "classroom," but I will always pursue education for myself, our children, and others as long as I am able.

Rigby and I enjoyed lunch with Seleck, Madsen and Stockton today.  We were celebrating their 4.0's.  We are so proud of them.  Yesterday, I attended Emma and Maleck's conferences.  Their teachers gave them raving reports.  They are our "Amazings!"

Everyone one's circumstances are different.  Be sure to celebrate yours!  Our children are far from perfect- I'll save the story of the 3 policeman at our doorstep Friday night for another time.  Let's just say Rigby and I are REAL parents now.

Press Forward.... Put God First!

No comments:

Post a Comment