2.24.2016

My life is a book... I am still writing

I am constantly writing  in my head, taking notes, creating statues with my words. The words never leave me.  They drive me, boost me, bring me joy.  I am a story keeper.  The stories season my life, unfolding each moment into another,  I can't seem to shake the memories.


Today, I found inspiration for my words in what may seem monotony.  Beep... Beep Alarm sounds- kiss and hug my hubby before he gets on the road to SLC.  7 am workout, Body Semester- focus, strength, courage claimed.  Return home to comb hair, kiss faces and take "the littles to school."  Harder task- return home again to get "the olders" out the door.

10 am sanity returns.  I dribble the ball, move with intensity, defend my life decisions on the basketball court.  I am simply at play.

My day continues:  dentist appointment- hold Emma's hand while dentist extracts two teeth. she was a rockstar- didn't even flinch.  But she said was crying her eyes out on the inside. I held her hand during the procedure.  How could she possibly be this old.  I return home to play nurse, comfort, hug, enjoy her.  High Schoolers + 1 come for lunch.  I feed them, listen to them. enjoy them. 2 pm PTSA meeting, deliver Good Luck car wash tokens to high school basketball team- I pay it forward.

After school slowing down... story time, cuddles with Maleck, pick up house, rotate laundry, do dishes, write stories in my head.  4 pm friends come to join me as we deliver freezer meals to those hungry, lonely, sick.  I am surrounded by strong women EVERYWHERE- another story.

  Make a bank deposit, pick up Madsen from haircut, take Madsen to baseball, run an errand, get Seleck dinner, pick up Madsen from baseball, go to Young Womens'- laugh and play with my Mia Maids- happy Emma has joined me.

Bedtime- family prayer, check on homework, "tuck ins," hug my Stockton (he is a good hugger), kiss four foreheads good night.  And still there is more.  Seleck and I place our computers side by side and work on his Sterling Scholar Portfolio- the finish line is in sight.  He has an uncommon rhythm for life.

Darkness envelops our home.  Quiet echoes from bedrooms.  The click clack, click of my blogging posts quiets my busy heart.  My day has been joyful, purposeful and completely FULL.  I am blessed., and this is my story.  Tomorrow I will write another chapter, keep another story, create another story, share another memory.

I wait for hubby to return from SLC.  The minutes tick by... So grateful for what he does day in and day out so I can do what I do.  His dedication- another story!



"You will miss one of the deepest joys of this life and eternity if you willfully avoid the responsibilities of parenthood and home-building." President Gordon B. Hinckley 

No comments:

Post a Comment