2.22.2016

Monday Memory- family history challenge

 I hadn't stepped foot on the campus of Snow College since 1989.  I was heading into 9th grade and I was with a youth group from my church.  I don't remember much, except there were cut boys involved.  But I discovered a story which Snow College kept, so I returned.
 Contributed By kimberly fay lay jackson · 3 October 2014 · 0 Comments
RIGBY, CHARLES, farmer, son of James and Jane, was born in Iowa, September 1, 1847. In '50 the family came to Utah, crossing the plains in an ox train, and located in Salt Lake City. In '70 he came to Fairview and bought a farm. Now owns fifty acres. He has always taken an active part in educational matters and is one of the school trustees. Was married in Fairview, September 27, 1875, to Julia, daughter of Henry W. and Rebecca Sanders Sanderson, born in Green River, Wyo., September 26, 1856. They have had twelve children, James M., Lovena, William E., Howard W., Victor ]{., Thomas M., Francis E. and Roland L. living; Charles II., John F., Emily E. and Horace D., deceased. 
 Charles Rigby met Julia Sanderson at Snow College.  As I walked the campus, I felt their story.  
 Julia had a spirit of helpfulness in the missionary work of the church. She helped her sons, son-in-law, six grandsons, and one granddaughter as well as most of the missionaries that left from the communities where she lived. It was said that she helped them have a better life because they had served a mission.


 Julia Weeks Sanderson -  while she suffered the loss of 5 of 13 children, she remained faithful.  To wared the end of her life she made the remark, "If I can keep the faith to the end, I will think my life not a failure."

 Dear Charles and Julia,  if you are looking down tonight say a little prayer over the beside of each of our five children- share with them your faith and endurance.  Remind them that the name they bear is a blessing!

Family history Challenge- Monday Memory-journal about how your grandparents met.  If possible, have them share their story- you will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment