10.27.2014

Monday Memory- Carving Pumpkins

Monday Memory
Carving pumpkins
 
The Best thing about traditions is that they are not expensive and the memories they create last a life time.  I have been carving pumpkins the Monday evening before Halloween for the better part of 40 years and it still doesn't  get old.
 
 
 
Growing up on 2nd East, we didn't have a lot of the luxuries of life, but we had traditions and we had each other.  My parents raised us well, but I wouldn't say they were the most creative parents on the block-- of course there wasn't the internet or pinterest.  However, my dad was a pumpkin carver.  They weren't fancy mind you, but the memory associated with him carving pumpkins with us kids has followed me until this day.

I am so grateful he took the time for we seven to create this memory!

 Years have passed since my pumpkin days on 2nd East, but Rigby and I continue on with our children.  And we have added a few of our own including the reading of our favorite Halloween story---HALLOWIENER!

When I started this blog I wanted to have a place to record my family history research, but as it has evolved I now try to devote at least Mondays to recording my own history.  Pumpkin Carving is one such memory. 
Get started on your own history--- holiday traditions are a great place to start!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment