8.25.2014

Monday Memory- Madsen's birth

Madsen's blessing day
September 22, 2002





                                                                            One Month old
Madsen was due on September 1st but made his entrance a few days early.  After having been told that our sweet baby boy was dead two times by our doctor, we were eternally grateful when we saw those ten fingers, ten toes, and that beautiful jet black hair.

My water broke at 4:30 am on the morning of the 25th after a long hike on Cedar Mountain the night before.  I nudged Travis and told him my water broke.... hmm he said what water? And rolled over and went back to sleep.  I arose called the hospital and decided before going in I would ready Sunday clothes (it was Sunday morning) for Seleck and Stockton and pack their bags for grandma's.
We arrived at the hospital at 8:30 am and hard labor began at 11:00 am-( It intense and very difficult- I had only a partial epidural) Thank heavens daddy was a great coach!  Madsen made his entrance into the world at 1:18 pm.

It was  love at first sight- tears of joy and love fell freely- How grateful I was for our third little man.!

                                                                     3 months old


                                                                                           one year old

First ultra sound

                         Madsen and Mommy

 Madsen is a danish surname (daddy served his mission in Denmark.  Floyd is my middle name.  I am named after Grandpa Rigby.  My parents had considered naming me Satchel Lunt Rigby.


Letter from Grandma Great Weaver
Happy 12th Birthday Madsen- you will forever be our little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment