8.18.2014

Monday Memory- The Bluebird- Logan, ancestral adventure

 Monday Memory-
                                The Blue bird, Logan Utah
 Have you ever heard so many stories about a place that you feel these stories become your own.  The Bluebird in Logan houses memories like this for me.

Rigby granted my birthday wish by taking me to Logan, Utah to sit at the soda bar and pay tribute to my great grandmother Marie Smith Kimball.

Marie would walk to the Bluebird nearly everyday.  She would sit down at the soda fountain in her finest attire with her white gloves in hand and treat herself to a piece of pie.  

I love this story--- I like to imagine Marie there quietly eating a piece of pie reflecting upon her life and family.











 I never was blessed with opportunity of meeting my great grandmother.  She died just a few short weeks after my birth.  However, the last check she wrote out was to help pay for my birth.  She must have felt it would be costly as I was born cesarean.





 I loved sharing this moment with my children.  I hope they felt the strength of family as we joined generations at the Bluebird's soda fountain.

 Thanks Rigby for this gift-- Thanks Grandma Kimball for you legacy of love!


 Countless too, are the memories of this home.  This is where Leo and Marie lived.  My father treasures his memories here.  How excited was I to find it... to stand on the grass that had once been so meticulously cared for by my great grandfather Leo Kimball... to hear the laughter of my father and his brother Kurt as they and their mother lived here while my grandfather Max was away at war.


Marie is the adoptive mother of my paternal grandmother Ruth Mabel (Stoddard) Kimball Weaver.  Ruth lost her mother, Jennie,  when she was only 9 months of age during the great flu epidemic of 1918.   Marie and her husband Leo adopted Ruth and her brother Ed and raised them as their own.
 Treasure memories- My grandparents Max and Ruth Weaver were married here in the Logan temple as were Leo and Marie Kimball! 
As members of the Church of Jesus Christ we believe that through the proper sealing ordinance performed in God's holy house that the relationship of husband and wife is perpetuated beyond the graves!
                               FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!
                  I love to see the temple!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I have many MANY good memories of the Bluebird and of course of the Logan Temple as well! We go both places all the time up here. What fun to see them on your blog!

    ReplyDelete