8.14.2014

CARPE DIEM!


CARPE DIEM!

 Dear kids,
The world lost a great friend to joy this past week-- Robin Williams, author, actor, comedian.  His performance in Dead Poets Society inspired me to be an English Teacher- a decision I have never regretted.

I hope  so many great things for you all this year, but most of all I pray that you will truly" Carpe Diem- Seize the Day."

Life is meant to be savored, enjoyed, and sometimes even slurped.  It goes far to quickly so be sure that you enjoy your moments, your youth--- Dream Big and then dream some more!
Love,
Mom




Rigby treated the kids to his famous crepes this morning for "Back to School" breakfast.  It helped get the reluctant ones out of bed.  They are most delicious!  What a super dad...  I headed out the door at 6 am for a quick morning walk and meditation session.  This is my pray time/play time- a moment to collect my thoughts and compose myself for the hustle that begins the moment I walk in the door.
 Yep, Four of our Fab Five went back to school today.  Maleck will start kindergarten in 8 days following assessments.  I must admit I sent them back with mixed emotions.  I hate that they are growing up... it is going by to fast, I hate that summer adventures have ended, and keeping up with five very active kids' school schedules is sometimes overwhelming.  On the other hand, the house is quiet today and well that can be a very beautiful thing.
Seleck heads back as Junior Class President- so ready  for football, high school fun, and the girls!

Hmm. Madsen our 7th grader- a little reluctant to put his gear into homework mode so soon.  But happy to be moving up the totem pole at the middle school.

Freshmen Stock takes most things in stride.  Friends and football will motivate him through the classwork.  Four years will go all too quickly!

Cute Emma is growing up way tost for Travis and I.  As a fourth grader, she didn't even want me to walk her to her classroom door.  Way to go Girl!  Thank goodness she still "huggles" me at home.

So me and "baby boy" enjoyed some "one on one"  this morning.  I have to admit I think I enjoyed the bike riding, fort building, finger painting, garden digging, and reading time as much as he did this morning.  I love this little guy! I  can hardly believe he is headed to kindergarten next week!

 I built a few forts in my day, and I was most impressed by Maleck's fort.  I love that he loves dirt, rocks, sticks, hide outs,baseball, bike riding- he is all boy!  There is such freedom in childhood.  Imagination  and creation sparkle on this little one!
My job continues here- laundry, cleaning, meal preparations, grocery shopping, taxi driving, etc etc, but I continue to Carpe Diem and I hope that our "Fab Five"  will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment