8.04.2014

Kimball Arts Festival- Park City Utah

 As the granddaughter of an artist, I was taught from a young age to look for beauty in all things...  We took our "Fab Five" to the Kimball Arts Festival in Park City this past weekend.  It was fun to experience all the various art mediums through their eyes.  And of course historic Main Street in Park City, Utah was the perfect venue.  Thanks for having us Park City!
 Local talent shared their voices on Park City's Main!
 My Grandfather, Max Kimball Weaver was an artists who dabbled in all mediums--- I loved to see his hands work the potter's wheel as a little girl.  He was also a craftsman creating prints, woodworks, and jewelry.  But of course his oil paintings are a favorite of mine.
 Modern art....
 One of Rigby's favorites!
 "Perfect Paintable Park City"
 Loved this piece
 Wish I lived here!
 Bright colors
 Even these hats made their debut at the Festival.   My Great Great Grandfather Thomas X. Smith was a hatmaker in England.
 Amazing!
 The landscapes were our personal favorites...
 Unconventional Art

 Wood working
Emma's favorite!

Who knows maybe in my other life I am an Art Curator.... I loved my Art Appreciation class in college taught by Arlene Braithwaite.... The Kimball Art Festival was definitely worth the visit! Thanks again, Grandpa for sharing your love of art with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment