1.08.2014

Happy Birthday Rigby- call it luck?

Sometimes you just get lucky... maybe luck is not the right word.  Maybe sometimes you simply get blessed beyond measure.  Perhaps, it is when the stars shine a little brighter or the planets align just right.  Whatever it is, it happened to me. 

Like, when I was sitting in my sophomore geometry class and I look over and I saw those lips- his lips and I simply wanted to kiss them.  Strange for the girl who only wanted to play catch with the football with any boy up until this point.

Or Lucky. like when you say good-bye in airport for two years.  You walk him to the boarding door and you say I love you- and he comes back two years later and that love is still there.

Or blessed to welcome five beautiful spirits to your home- each one so unique and such a great part of him- a portrait if you would.

Then there is devestation when no heart beat is found and he holds you close and catches the tears- his love envelops you- more blessings.

Or more blessed like the night he has a stroke at 35 and throughout the night you hold your breath every time the nurse checks his vitals and makes him do funny tests like touch his nose.  Heaven is so close you feel it lift you higher.

And then there was the next blessing- my heart stopped and yours beckoned it back. Their five faces were the last thing I saw before each test and yours was the first one I wanted to see afterwards!

I know that the prayer that is always answered is the prayer for strength.  I love you Travis.  Thanks for helping me become stronger.  Happy Birthday- you are my luck, my blessing, my star and my planets aligning!

Our 40's will be a great decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment