1.25.2014

"And this shall be my joy"

                   "And this shall be my Joy"
They are five, our five.... five fabulous children and they are ours.  Imagine the possibilities, the contributions, the talents, the joy that these five will render.  We are a normal, every day family like most.  Our days are filled with homework, laundry, music lessons, sports practices, friends nightly reading, but mostly they are filled with joy. 

I love the word joy, but it has taken me a long time to feel the enormity of it... the peacefulness of it.  These five are our joy, my joy!  My days begin at 6:00 a.m.  I either  get Seleck up to lift weights, take Madsen to shoot hoops, or start sorting laundry, making lunches, breakfast, family prayer, etc.  7:30 am I get the first batch off to school then return home to do hair, feed our littler ones breakfast... don't forget the reading, piano practicing,  and then Emma is out the door too.  It is only 8:30 am and I have already completed  several feats.

I could have done or become anything I wanted.  As a college graduate, I was smart, driven, and hard working, but you know what"  Only one person could be their mother... and that is me.  Thank You Heavenly Father!  I have found so much joy on this journey.  Everyday is an adventure!

2014 FAMILY FOCUS - Power and Protection in Heeding Prophetic Priorities

Week one- Elder Robert D. Hales "General Conference: Strengthening Faith and Testimony"
Family discussion:  Daddy
*We watch, (listen to prophets) to be forewarned and protected"
"What is said is not as important as what we feel"  Record feelings  from general conference and scripture study.
Warning:  Elder Hales: "In recent decades the church has largely been spared the terrible misunderstandings and persecutions experienced by the early Saints.  It will not always be so."

"The Family: A Proclamation to the World" was given long before we experienced the challenges now facing the family. "The Living Christ:  The Testimony of the Apostles" was prepared in advance of when we will need it the most."

October 1992- Elder Hales "The Atonement"-- Daddy suggests
Daddy's desires for 2014
l.  Find an apostle who speaks to you throughout the coming year-- get to know them
2.  Include the use of technology in you studies... see the good that technology offers.. beware of the bad.
3. Find limited prophetic priories, 1-3 priorities **Get something big out of the little things!

Next week's assignment: Conference address: "I will not fail thee, nor forsake the."

           Moses 1:39 "... men are that they might find joy."
                           Find your joy today!



"Good timber does not grow with ease
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the
                     strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow."

No comments:

Post a Comment