12.15.2015

"Oh Christmas Tree".... photos by Emma Rigby


With this crazy crew sticking to a schedule is difficult with so many of their activities, athletics and and academics, we try to decorate the tree together.  I love it when Rigby becomes my "Christmas Elff" and starts making his list and hanging the lights.  He is really something of a wizard.  While listening to The Christmas Devotional this year, Rigby and Seleck put the tree up and we all came together to hang our traditional Christmas ornaments.  Maleck's angel is our tree topper this year!

.
 This tree has a great story  and is adorned with the ornaments the kids have made and collected over the years.  I love it.  Each ornament possesses a powerful memory- one which will warm my heart in the years to come.
 Every year our picks are more and more beautiful. We love this tree from "Deer Mountain."  Decorating was fun with our Santa hats on our heads!
 Rigby and Seleck secure the tree.... the Best Christmas Tree ever!


 Inspired by cousin Brenna, Emma loves seeing the world through a lens.



 I am so grateful to have this kid.  As our caboose, he keeps the magic alive in our lives.



Maleck- Our "Elf on a shelf."  My poor kids don't have an elf on a shelf.  I told them I would rather they find "baby Jesus in the manger."  So while other kids are enjoying the antics of the "Elf on a Shelf, " we are filling a manger with hay with kind acts of service  (plus this takes one more thing off of my "to do" list- but I do enjoy hearing the stories of others' elves- they are hilarious and fun).



 Our finished product.... I love the smell of Christmas trees and cuddling under them while reading Christmas stories and drinking hot chocolate- Christmas is for the senses and the heart!


The Stockings are hung by the chimney with care...
 

Welcome and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment