12.14.2015

Monday Memory- Christmas at the Homestead

    Merry Christmas!
  • It is a blizzard outside and I am in my cozy home tucked away at my computer letting my fingers tell stories... Christmas music plays in the background and our high schoolers  just dropped in for  lunch- left overs.  I am happy and grateful and loving Christmas.  I love the festivities and the gatherings and the fact that I can Christmas shop on line and avoid long lines- it's perfect for me.  I would prefer to spend the fleeting moments with those I love most!Rigby gave in and took us to the "Christmas at the Homestead."  I love a taste of Christmas when it was simpler... like a century and a half simpler.  Wandering through the museum and the pioneer structures warmed my heart and my belly as refreshments were being served, hot chocolate, ebelskiver(danish pancakes- a Rigby family favorite),roasting of s'mores.  I truly was having myself a "Merry Little Christmas!"
  • There was even a little family photo booth- funny!
 The museum was decked out in Holiday fare- old school!  I would love to ride in an old fashioned sleigh!
At the school house

The Hunter Home
 The Highlight of the evening was the Hunter House because...

This is the closest he would get to Santa's stand in

                            We found Santa!

 It's not Christmas until you see him..... Thanks Emma  for the photo.  Maleck was put out that this was not the real Santa as he is at the North Pole hard at work!
I love this car!
 I love it that we have these two who still will do mom's Christmas "Bucket List!"


After all simplicity truly keeps us in touch with that which really matters!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment