12.10.2015

Hallmark Hometown Holiday!

Heather and Markay
This past weekend I had the best time hanging out with these two... by baby sis and her hubby (my little bro) in their "Hallmark Holiday, home town."  I had the absolute best time as their home was featured in the town's Christmas home show.  The money raised went to help provide Christmas for local families in need- great idea.


 Heather and I slipped away for a bit and were able to see some of the other homes as well.  It all made me so excited for Christmas.  The feeling that this "home town" exudes is unbeatable.  I truly felt as if I were in a "Hallmark Movie"  I even ran into the resident Mr. and Mrs. Claus."  They totally fit the part.

The Creche


 Almost, my favorite part of my sis's entire Christmas decor... the mouse music box was in our home at Christmas as a kid and the Santa was my Grandmother Hofheins'.... so many memories!
 Each room in their home had at least one tree... this one was in the kitchen along with my personal fave... an M&M tree.
 The Kitchen table was set complete with festive Christmas ware and this adorable center piece... love, love, love it!

 The focal point of their home is the game room just off their kitchen.  The walls are made from rusted tin, and reclaimed barn and picket fence wood.  The walls are decorated Markay's "trophies" and the light fixtures are custom designed by Heather and built by Markay.

 Of course, it's not a home without John Wayne!
 This is a fun focal point of the home... snapshots of family outdoor adventures... this family, hunts, fishes, hikes, boats- everything!
 The fireplace is rustic and of course I love the barn hung above the mantle!


 Spending the evening with this cute family of mine was the absolute best holiday hug.... there is no place like home except my sister's!

 These reclaimed shutters and iron design hang above her staircase- perfect!



 So of all my trees in the house, this is my favorite.  They began this tradition early on in their marriage and have continued with it.... A sage Brush as a Christmas tree--- softly dusted with snow.  It is adorable.  I may still this idea for our shop!






 I had never seen this idea before--- I love it-- gonna still it!


The bar in the game room is amazing. notice the rusted tin hung behind the playful swings used as bar stools---- WOW!
 I took our two younger ones with me and Grandma and left Rigby home with the teenagers.  They so enjoyed being with each other and grandma.  I loved spending time with my sis!  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment