2.23.2015

Monday Memory- Tuweep

 I woke to a thicket blanket of snow this morning, and I realized my feet had not felt the crunch of the snow since our trip to Tuweep on January 1st.  Some say this trip is not for everyone. However, Rigby and I have been trying to get here for more than a decade.  

Located in the Western Grand Canyon, Tuweep is reached by a 2.5 hour drive on a primitive washboard dirt road.  Although the lowest view point of the magnificent Grand Canyon drop, the 3,000 foot sheer drop,  is gripping!  At 4550 feet, they say Tuweep rarely gets snow- but look what we found. 

 So my heart did stop a few as the overlook of the Grand Canyon- this view point is not a fenced overlook.  Maleck and Emma were brave, but we kept a watchful eye.  It was the teenagers we were most worried about.
                     The beauty here is thick and rich and intoxicating. 

 Thanks Grandpa for another adventure. Maleck has marked off one of his goals now of the 7 wonders of the world.



 I love you Rigby.  Enjoying the outdoors with you is my favorite place to make memories!

  Grandpa's grub was pretty yummy, and who could beat this picnic spot?
                                          Loving Life -
Find some snow- make a memory- make a memory- write your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment