2.09.2015

Memory Monday- To Max love, Mimi

(Left to Right) Kim, Heather, Wendy, Max, Amy, Jenimarie, LaVon (crying), Brook,Chris, Michael, Natalie, and Cleve

If you look closely at this picture, you can see the cute little boy in yellow holding my hand... I am wearing a white shirt with pink pants- That's us, Max and Mimi. 
Max named me that- Mimi.  It is the first nickname I ever had and for quite some time the only one.  I treasure that name- and my memories with Max

You know when you have 30 cousins (that only includes my Weaver cousins) you don't mean to have favorites, but you do-  Max is one of mine!  Last week he turned 39.  That seems so hard to fathom, but I guess if I am 40 then he must be 39.  

As a child, Max was so incredibly full of life and enthusiasm.  I loved that about him.  I loved it when he used to kiss grandma's vacuum-- I am not sure why he did, but I thought it was fun.

There was also his patriotic phase.  When we visited him in Nephi,  he had a flag pole out in front of his house and he raised it every day.  I loved it when I was around to help him and we said the Pledge of Allegiance.  

The summer his sister, little Laree had to be in the hospital for her hip problems, we were lucky to have Max and his younger brother, Matt come stay with us for a long period of time.

Everyday, we had a parade with our little red wagon led by Max carrying a flag- I loved it.  Those days were filled with laughter and adventures.  I cherish my memories with Max. 


I loved it when Grandpa gave us ice cream to slide between the cracks as he used to say! (Left to Right- back row Natalie, Jenimarie, Brook, Diane, Daniel, Lavon, Matt, Front row- Max, Ivan, and Ryan)


 And then Max and Mimi grew up-- became busy, drifted... In life we sometimes get a tough hand.  Max got his.  I wish we could have had a parade for your birthday Max- I would have loved to see you lead it holding your flag high and then leading us in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Happy Birthday Max!

I love you!
Love,
Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment