2.04.2015

Falling in love in February


I love Valentine's Day-- last year Barnwood and Tulips featured love letters all month long.  Now with only 8 days until Valentine's we will feature ancestral wedding or engagement photos--- nothing says I love you like "I Do!"



On February 23, 1910 my great grandparents, David Christopher Weaver and Sophia Dickson Weaver were married in the Salt Lake temple.  This year marks their 105th wedding anniversary.

Sophia Dickson was born September 12, 1888 and died September 9, 1975.  David Christopher Weaver was born November 27, 1885 and died October 29, 1862. Sophia would have been 22 the day they married and Christopher 25 years old.

I love this photo- refined with dignity- a classical pose.  I love these people!  If I remember, correctly my grandfather Max Dickson Weaver said they met at a dance at the mouth of Ogden Canyon.

  I wish I knew their story...  I can only imagine- handsome valley boy dares to ask the beautiful Sophia from up the canyon to dance.  The song "By the light of the Silvery Moon"  is playing as he makes his way across the dance floor.  He is nervous but confident.  She is shy, but excited.

Their eyes lock... they dance "by the light of the silvery moon..."


No comments:

Post a Comment