4.07.2014

Monday Memory

 
 So much about what I learned in life I learned while I wore my running shoes.  Today, it still remains my time to pray- my time to play.  High school track and cross country brought me some of my most close friendships.  Much of that was due to this man---Dr. Coach.  He was everyone's biggest fan.  It didn't matter if you were the first or last- he was there for you.  His shout of "Go For It!"  Still echoes in my mind and heart.  

I watched him from a distance not long ago and snapped pics of this amazing coach and friend.  Years later, he continues to cheer on his runners.  I still found it inspiring.
It was in my running shoes that I also fell in love with Rigby.  There is so much to be be learned about the qualities of survival, hard work, and dedication  as one competes.  Rigby was good, even great.  I loved cheering for him.  While I wasn't the fastest,  I was fast enough to catch him.  Our deep friendship took root in running shoes... it has seen us through some both difficult and amazing times.  

On most weekends now you can find us at a trackmeet cheering on our oldest son.  It is fun to see him compete.  He is our champion!

1 comment:

  1. I too have learned so much from this man and from those track and XC days.

    ReplyDelete