4.25.2014

Love these boys.... these men




2012





Don't you love their smiles?  This was their birthday 2012- the day Seleck was ordained a teacher and Stockton a deacon.  This Sunday- just two short years later, Seleck will be ordained a priest and Stockton a teacher.  In August, Madsen will be ordained a Deacon.  How grateful I am to have 3 almost four men who hold the priesthood in our home (The Priesthood is the power to Act in God's name here upon the earth.)  My men are growing up.


I was stirred by this photo.  I can almost hear the sound of the ocean and feel the sand tickling my piggies.  The air is fresh and the seagulls are singing.  There is a rhythm here and its melody is the sound of laughter and of boyhood almost soon gone.  I close my eyes and I can remember this day -the the moment I took this picture.  I tucked it away in my heart to warm me on a cold day.  I am happy!  I am afraid if I blink they will be grown and gone... the birthday brothers, daddy, and little brother, and if I turn my head I can see Emma and Maleck chasing the waves... 
(Newport Beach,2011)

                    Feeding the love birds at the aquarium in Palm Beach


 In 2011, Stockton won the Patriot Award in 5th grade.  In honor of the event, we took our three oldest to Washington D.C. (We just didn't think Emma and Maleck would enjoy themselves).  While we missed our "little ones,"  we truly were thrilled to experience D.C. with our oldest three.  It was such an education for us all- Thank you Stockton!
                     

                  Thank goodness we have two "You are Special"
                                   plates for April 22nd!
            Birthday breakfast- enjoying daddy's favorite crepes and                                                           smoothies!

Sunday, April 22, 2012- we were so grateful to have "Grandpa Great" (Max Dickson Weaver) with us for their ordinations.  It was quite a sight to behold- we will miss you this Sunday Grandpa!  Grandpa always wanted to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but it was the depression and few were called to serve.  I know he will be so proud of these two when they fulfill his desire!


1 comment:

  1. Can't believe how old/big your handsome boys are. Things change too quickly! Love the photo of your grandpa with Stockton and Seleck.

    ReplyDelete