10.04.2015

Autumn

Swinging in the porch hammock tonight, I felt Autumn while Maleck and I cuddled close under Seleck's old truck blanket. Autumn is a treasure trove for the senses.  It's as if the senses are ignited- creating sensory indulgence.  I see, feel, hear, taste, and touch all things wonderful.


I love Autumn because my connection to God seems more prevalent.  What a gift the master creator has given us.  I crunch the leaves, sip the cider, breathe October's air, and enjoy the kaleidoscope of color illuminating the tree branches.  Autumn is God's gift.  An amazing reminder that he loves us.
 Snuggling with Maleck, I was reminded of these days- when they were little and the very heart beat of my existence.  Seleck and Stockton are on their way to manhood with Madsen close behind.  Emma is my delight, and Maleck my reminder that "littleness" does not last forever.
 I wish it were "yesterday" and we were all out on an adventure-- raking big piles of leaves only to jump into them.  
They don't wear matching shirts anymore, piles of leaves have been replaced by football games and hunting.  But once in a while, we  still gather, sip cider and even cuddle on the hammock.  I will store my "maleck moment" in my heart tonight and reflect often upon God's gift of Autumn and how he truly has given us "memories that we may have roses in December."

No comments:

Post a Comment