9.27.2015

Dear Rigby in Alaska

Dear Rigby in Alaska,
Remember these adventures?  To say we miss you is an understatement.  I just wanted you to know what great kids you have.  They have tried so hard to carry on as you would like them too.  It reminds me of when you were commuting to Woodscross when we were expecting Maleck.  They are such a great team and truly look out for each other.  

They are working hard in school and on the playing fields.  Each one has done their part at the car wash and around home.  Even the  morning groans have been a little more quiet .Madsen bore his testimony in church today- I was so proud of him,  Emma continues to be Maleck's "other mama," Maleck did great in his flag football game Saturday, Stockton really stepped up and did a great job as varsity quarterback against Richfield, and Seleck well there is a 100 foot CV on jeep hill waiting for rock and concrete on Saturday (you better be home to help haul the rock)!


 We are all anxious for your return.  The delay has been hard on us all. I am sure you are going "stir crazy." We so hope the weather is better so the plane can land and get you.  Our "Fab Five" knelt in prayer with me after we received word that you weren't being picked up by the outfitters today.  Of course, I called your dad as you asked and he went to task. He has three contacts from Bethel ready to go after you if Papa Bear's can't pick you up tomorrow.  He has been such a blessing to us during your adventure.  I really don't know what we would have done without him.
 I love that you have been able to go have your adventure.  You deserve it.  I know the outdoors bring you so much joy and well that brings me joy!
 When the kids were little, I thought we would have them forever, but they are growing.  It seems to be at an accelerated pace-  I wish I could put the brakes on... We played front yard football in the yard tonight.  We managed to get through it without anyone being overly competitive.  Afterwards, we laughed and wrestled- it felt so good to my heart.  
 I don't really like being a single mom- so if you could stop the rain  and clear the skies, I would really like that little float plane to retrieve you!
My eyes are heavy with sleep--- I will crawl in bed with our two "youngers" and hope to dream of you.  I Love you!


Next time, you are taking us ALL with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment