10.27.2015

#webelieve

 Football is violent poetry in action... there is nothing quite like the sound and rhythm of football.  It is intoxicating.  It is a synonym for fall.  The crunch of football players colliding- the snap of the football, the cheering of the fans- Friday night lights!


I watched my four older brothers suit up for what is now my sons' team cross town rivals.  I was enraptured by the movement of the ball even as a little girl and dreamed that I one day might be an "autumn girl."

Today, I travel to watch the falcons- my Rigby Boys compete for a spot in the state play offs.  I have been their taxi for years to and from practices and games.  We have scheduled our lives around the Falcons.  My basement has been engulfed by the aroma of pads, helmets, and cleats- Football is our fall music.  

25 seniors suit up today- not all will get playing time, but all will cheer.  Football takes the entire team.  It is doubtful my boys will get much playing time, but I go to cheer for they are all my "boys."
These two are my twins- born two years apart to the day (April 22nd).  They are so alike and yet so different.  One plays offense, the other defense.  But one thing they have in common is the love of the game.  They both have, heart, determination, and a work ethic I would stack up against any other player's.
 Their love of this poetry has made my love for it grow even more...  they are the boys of football.


It takes courage to play this sport. It is not for the weak or faint of heart.  The impact is real- strong and forceful.  But it is also a game of finesse and strategy.  

I will pray for them today and their coach, and I will be grateful that I was able to witness the memories.

Thankful to have two more years with # 22.  Hard to believe he was once that sick little baby boy who at 15 months old had the bone structure of a 6 month old baby.  This year has been his first ever at quarterback- Well done Stock!

"Life is a not a work of Art... the moment cannot last."


To be his parents has been a great gift
 Thank you Seleck for trading in your dreams for ones that will carry you to unknown places.  Thank you for your courage, persistence and dedication.  
 Thanks to the many coaches who have helped our boys along the way.  We are so very grateful.

Childhood friends


We will remain Falcons for years to come and we will cherish our days with CTC for # webelieve
                             Don't Give up... Anything is possible                   

No comments:

Post a Comment