10.14.2015

Celebrating 70

Happy Birthday to my other Dad!
My husband has always been remarkable- he is the product of two amazing people who have loved, supported, and guided him.
Today, dad turns 70!  I have known him for over 20 years.  I have had so many adventures with him and though we have had our differences over the years,  we have always had one thing in common- the love of his son, Travis!

This picture was taken in April of 1997.  We were on tour with the Southern Utah Heritage choir of which is was the director.  I loved the Magnum bars we found on the streets of Prague- they were delicious, but the memory I hold of this experience is even sweeter.

Dad is an gem.  He has saved us many times in our marriage over the course of 20 years.  While he is not perfect- none of us are, his patience and love are a treasure.  While Rigby was in Alaska, Dad saw me and our Fab Five through all sorts of "adventures."  He was our hero.  So fun was it to have grandpa come and stay with us, watch football games, tell us "red neck" jokes, buy us ice cream at "Charley's" and of course the CV on the hill would not have been completed without him!  
I love you dad!  Thanks for all you have done for us!
Happiest of Birthdays!
Love,
Amyanne

P.S.  I wish we were on the streets of Prague eating Magnum bars today!

No comments:

Post a Comment