12.17.2014

Snow Happy!

If you are like me, you are feeling the holiday pressure of getting everything done---Last night Seleck hosted a junior class holiday open house at our home.  It was a lot of fun, but quite frankly it wore me out.

However, Maleck and I were delighted to be greeted by the snow when we woke this morning.  It called for one thing-ADVENTURE!  So we left the morning mess and all the million other "To do's" and headed for the hills.
It won't be long before these "Maleck Moments" are long gone.  Next year he goes to school full time and I will be somewhat of an "empty nester"
We climbed hill after hill-- he challenged me to race him up the trails.  He of course always gave me the easier route-- he said!
      The snow was absolutely amazing and did my heart good!  

I will miss this kiddo-- six has come far to fast.  When he is not shouting orders at me (he is pretty much in charge) he is incredibly loving and a lot of fun to be around!


I loved these Maleck moments today!  It reminded me of the "moments" I shared with Seleck, Stockton, Madsen, Emma.  I blinked and those days are gone!



Leaving Footprints!



Maleck snapped a pic of me


I love to sneak away and breath deep--- to suck the marrow out of life!



And then of course we concluded our morning adventure with a sled ride down our backyard hill--- the snow was sparse but Mrs. Vasi's Gingerbread man didn't seem to mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment