12.10.2014

Be a Christmas Keeper....


   Rigby and I attended a Christmas concert this week and were disheartened that not one single song was about Christ.  Yes, it was a cute, lively, and adorable performance by the children, but not one lullaby, not one testimony, not one word honoring the  Christ child whose very birth is the REASON for the SEASON.

How grateful we were to receive an envelope from Mom and Dad Rigby containing some beautiful poems penned by Zina (Rigby's grandmother).  Zina was a Christmas Keeper the whole year through.  Thank you grandma for the gift of your words, of your testimony, of your love.  Thanks for keeping Christmas!                                     
Christmas
by Zina Lunt Rigby

I think of the baby asleep on the hay--
How I love Him! And wish I could have been there that Day.
To kneel at his side with shepherds and lambs-
Then I think of the cross and the sinner I am
And wonder- could it be-- assurance is sweet-
Can I ever be worthy to kneel at His feet?


"Nothing ever remotely compares to the importance
and significance of the birth, life and
Resurrection of the Savior, or his loving kindness"

-Elder Neal A. Maxwell

1 comment:

  1. Dan and I also loved that gift. It was very touching and we especially loved having a copy of it handwritten by her. She seemed like a beautiful woman! Wish I could've met her.

    ReplyDelete