12.08.2014

Monday Memory- Remembering Jesus

FINISHED PRODUCT
Emma and Maleck asked me why we don't do "Elf on a Shelf."  Here is the reason: I love to see my children happy, but most of all I love to see them eperience JOY. I want them to search for Jesus- I want them to really find him- not the elf.  So our Elf on a Shelf was tucked away.  The Elf brings happiness, but Christ brings Joy.  as we begin each Christmas season, my main goal is: HELP MY CHILDREN REMEMBER JESUS!
 Last week for Family Home evening we began this journey.  Thanks so much to mom and dad Rigby for helping us with this little project.  Without them it would not have happened.
THE SWADDLING CLOTHES- FLANNEL MUSLIN
 It has been almost a decade since we first had the experience of making mangers with gpa Rigby. Seleck and Stockton remember it, but  I wanted Emma and Maleck to enjoy the joy of Jesus too. 
STRAW FOR THE MANGER (raffia)

THE MANGERS

 Thankfully for us, Grandpa came more than prepared and saved us hours.  Having worked into the wee hours of the morning, he cut out the pieces of the manger before hand so Seleck, Stockton, Madsen, and Maleck could help him assemble them.


Madsen and Grandpa

Grandpa's Hands


Grandma and Emma


Grandma is always prepared.  She came with all the necessary materials and the muslin pre cut.  Her talents amaze me!

preparing the straw 


 Together, we assembled 30 mangers, 30 baby Jesus Dolls, 30 bags of straw, and 30 copies of the story, "The Last Straw."
Emma's little hands worked tirelessly helping grandma and I to make baby Jesus dolls.  


It was so fun to spend family home evening together.  I pray my children will treasure this memory with their grandparents in the years to come.  That they will know that their grandparents "Remembered Jesus always!"

Sister Grimshaw knows and remembers Jesus too!

And then our joy was doubled as we shared our Journey to remember Jesus with others.  We prayerfully chose the families who we would give our mangers too (we will deliver them throughout the week).  Sister Grimshaw was one recipient.  Oh how we love this sweet woman.  She has taught us, loved us, and served us.  She REMEMBERS Jesus.

We sang "If I was at the Manger" and then shared our gift of Christmas- baby Jesus in a manger with the story of the Last Straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment