2.01.2014

Celebrating February- love letters

                  February- Celebrating "Love Letters"

I am excited for February, and I have some amazing  plans for "Barnwood and Tulips" in the upcoming months.  As the day of receiving an actual letter in an actual mailbox is becoming a thing of the past, this month we celebrate the love letter. 

My Rigby sent me this sweet letter and card in February of 1993.  At which time, he was serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  When this letter arrived, Rigby was just days away from leaving the MTC and headed for the little land of Denmark.
We were just 19 years old... so from 20 years ago I share his sweet letter.
"... I care so much for you (and only wish I could be going to the Sweetheart's Ball with you again).  I have so many important memories with you.  From the Sophomore Sox Spree to changing tires, to long spiritual and emotional talks, to long embraces.  I love you for who you are and what you have become.  What more can I say than I love you.  These next two years will be hard at times but it will go by before we know it.  I pray that things will work out and continually remind myself that the Lord is looking out for us.  May he keep looking.  You are my Valentine and always will be.... God Bless, Elder Rigby Xoxoxo 
The card closes with... "Will you be my Valentine? Jeg elske dig! (Danish for I love you."

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! I'm grateful the Lord has continued to look out for both of you!

    ReplyDelete