10.21.2017

Wish I had me a pause button


"At eighteen turned my helmet in and walked to the fifty yard line. It's just the coach and me after we had lost eighteen to nine.  And I cried man next time I'm here I'll have to buy a ticket.  Can't you give me five more minutes."




Dear Stockton,
 "Wish I had me a pause button, moments like these Lord knows I'd hit it!"
Next year when the leaves turn colors and begin to fall from the trees, I will miss the "Friday night lights" on the Falcon field.  I will miss being on the sidelines feeling the rhythm of the game while clicking pics, I will miss the sound of the fans and the image of Dad in the field watching your every move!  I will most definitely miss my little boy grown tall. But I will not "cry because it is over, I will smile because it happened."

This season did not go as you or any of us wanted, but you have learned that life is like that.You didn't even know until August 1 if you would be able to take the field, but you did it Stock.  You defied all of the nay sayers and while you were not taking the field at QB, you took the field.  Your "grit" and indomitable spirit carried you through.

As a kindergartner you made me run drills with you before you went to school- everyday! You had to get it right- you ran fast.  The first time you played football you caught the ball and ran for a touchdown.  I will never forget that image of your white hair flapping in the wind.  Raising you has most definitely been an adventure and a  beautiful blessing.  

I love you Stockton.  I could not be more proud of who who have become. You most definitely have been made stronger through the refiner's fire.  Wherever your pathway takes you, I will pray for you, and I will cherish the moments of watching you grow, shine, and become stronger. 

I love you Stockton.  You will forever be my BTF and for always my little boy! 
#forever35


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment