10.24.2017

Bronson and Monique's wedding


When I was in the 8th grade my oldest brother Kim brought home his fiance, Sofia, who was then attending BYU. Sofia was born and raised in Mexico. 
 Sofia shared my room with me that weekend.  I couldn't stop asking her questions about Mexico.  I am sure I was most annoying, but I was intrigued!  I had my goals set on world travel and I dreamed of one day being a diplomat.  She was a living, breathing textbook, and she most patient with me. She was also very close to the spirit.  I was immediately drawn to this.  My family while strong in the gospel wasn't exactly your everyday scripture reading Mormons.  In fact , we struggled sharing spiritual things.  But Sofia she was different.  I learned so much from her example.
 Kim and Sofia had met while serving  in the Houston, Texas mission.  I instantly adored Sofia, loved her, and wanted to be like her.  She was a good sport to take on our huge brood as the now oldest sibling.  

Now, the Weavers are a curious bunch-somewhat awkward, loud, very forthwith their thoughts (me included), and lacking in social mores.  It must have been most difficult for Sofia. Her culture was so different- gracious, warm, and loving.  Now that I too have gone through 23 years of being an in-law, I have greater insight into just how patient and kind she was to all of us.


Last Friday, Sofia and Kim's oldest son, Bronson was married to Monique in the Salt Lake Temple.  It was a lovely ceremony and they are a stunning couple.  As we met Monique's family in the waiting room, I was reminded of Kim and Sofia's wedding in the Mesa Temple.  So many feelings of warmth and love exuded from Monique's family.  Much like Sofia's family that day in June not so long ago.  Much like Monique's family also, Sofia's family welcomed  us with open arms.  I felt like not only did I gain another sister, but another family as well!

I was a sophomore in high school when Bronson was born- he was the first grandchild, my first nephew, and we all were instantly in love with him! I bought him the coolest train for his first Christmas, took him on his first elephant ride, and even to Disneyland (Sofia was most trusting- not sure I would have been). 
 I cried when my brother Kim made Bronson keep rollerblading when he kept falling down time after time.  I stood back and mumbled not the nicest things about Kim under my breath.  He told me he was teaching his son to be tough! 


 It was amazing to witness the sealing of Monique and Bronson.  I loved being in the temple with 5 of my six siblings and their spouses.  It was heaven, it was healing, and it was happy.  

Thanks Monique and Bronson for allowing us to be a part of your special day!  Thanks Kim and Sofia for raising such great children, and for teaching me some tough lessons. Thanks mom and dad for giving me the gift of family.  You know, my family like most don't exactly have it altogether, but together we have it all!

Caleb, Ana, and Jared- love these three


Ember, Travis, Markay, and Rick



My sistas- Heather, Wendy, Ember and Sofia



Travis and Markay

Chris, Rick, and Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment