7.20.2015

Monday Memory- Why Marriage and Family Matter Everywhere in the World

Left to right: Heather, Wendy and me


So my family is a little quirky, but what family isn't?
  From the last conference address by Elder L. Tom Parry he stated, "marriage and family matter."  Mine matters to me... how about yours to you?

It's Monday Memory at Barnwood and Tulips.... While you view my pics answer one of the following questions and journal about it... family history is fun!

1.  My favorite memory or tradition with my family is?
2.The most fun thing my family does or did growing up was?
3. What I love BEST about my family is?

All the quotes from this blog post come from the words of President Ezra Taft Benson unless otherwise noted.
  Yesterday, I taught Relief Society the lesson came from the teaching of President Ezra Taft Benson.  He stated, "The family is one of God's greatest fortresses against the evils of our day.   Help keep your family strong and close and worthy of our Father in Heaven's blessings."
Families are Forever: (left to Right) dad, mom, Michael, Ember, Heather, Kim, Wendy, Rick, me and Travis (my Rigby)

Travis and I have tried really hard to not miss weddings or funerals.  I was so grateful to have found these pics that were taken at our nephew Josh's wedding last fall. I am so grateful we made the effort and sacrifice to be there.




"In Happy Marriages, husbands and wives love and serve God and each other."


"Spiritual Growth comes by solving problems together- not by running from them.






 "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints teaches that everything should center in and around the family."

"Fathers and mothers in strong families stay close to their children.
                                             THEY TALK!"

A few of the cousins (left to right) Savana, Solomon, Kate, Madsen, Maleck, Stockton, Adelaide, Emma, Caleb, Bronson, Seleck, Taylor, Sydnee, and Blaine
Caleb, Savana, and Bronson
 "Children need to know who they are in the eternal sense of their                                                    identity."



 "You miss one of the deepest joys of this life and eternity if you willfully avoid the responsiblities of parenthood and home building."




I am of infinite worth

I love to see the temple




Emma, me, Heather, and Adelaide


Josh and Shannon
                             "Marriage and family are ordained of God."
Emma and Adelaide

Maleck

Brothers: Kim and Mike

Wendy and Steph

Father and Son: Travis and Seleck

Daughter and mother: Adelaide and Heather

These men make my world go round!

 "Mealtime provides a wonderful time to review the activities of the day and to no only feed the body but to fee the spirit as well."






 "Nothing except God Himself takes priority over you wife in your life- not work, not recreation, not hobbies. Your spouse is your precious helpmate- your companion."

 From the late President Boyd K. Packer, " When it comes to my wife , the mother of our children, I am without words. The feeling is so deep and gratitude so powerful that I left almost without expression.  THE GREATEST REWARD WE HAVE IN THIS LIFE AND THE LIFE TO COME IS OUR CHILDREN AND OUR GRANDCHILDREN."


From the words of the late Elder L. Tom Perry, " The older I get the more I realize that family is the center of life and is the key to eternal happiness."



No comments:

Post a Comment