9.23.2013

Autumn

There is a faint change in the air.. I have felt it on my early morning runs and on my evening walks with my little ones.  Autumn is at our doorstep.  It is found in the kaleidoscope of colors which are bursting everywhere.  I love this time of year.  Autumn makes me remember... It ignites my senses.  I can't wait to break away and adventure to the  mountains where I can gather leaves which assure me that a magnificent change has transpired.
We have a dear neighbor who plants pumpkins in the spring to share the joy of Autumn with all his young neighborhood friends.  They each come on a "treasure hunt"  to find the perfect pumpkin which will soon adorn their front step on that spooktacular evening not far distant... imagine the eyes, the mouth, and of course the nose.... listen to the giggles, see the smiles,  feel the pumpkin guts on their small chubby fingers.  Our neighbor is the "Santa" of Halloween.


Yes "Autumn" is open- gather your memories and bottle them for later. 
 
 
Fall-
Hues of orange, red, and yellow
dot the canvas.
Chaotic majesty
is captured.
Leaves whistle
in the wind,
crumble underfoot.
The air breathes-
It is here.



The Autumn harvest stirs my taste buds and calls to my "fab five" for pumpkin bread, apple crisp and cherry picking.  It reminds me of my dream to move to Maine and make my own jam...

It is as if these pumpkins were grown on a "Christmas tree"  farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment