8.20.2015

Getting our ducks in a row... Back to school!

Seleck's ducks- our family pets

I just got home from the high school where Seleck our oldest is Student Body President-- I was chaperoning as "stud gov" made posters.  So my tenure as the mother of the "SBP" begins.  All the Rigbys are tucked in including the "Rigby."   He saved me by making crepes tonight for dinner (Emma's favorite) while I signed course disclosure after course disclosure... wish teachers would keep it simple!

What a day...
 Last first day of High School for Seleck
Onto 10th grade for Stockton
Last First day of Middle School for Madsen
Last first day of Elementary for Emma 
and First day of First grade for Maleck

I have experienced every emotion possible today... where did the time go?  If I close my eyes, I see them playing... Maleck is rolling on the floor and Seleck and Stockton are playing batman with Madsen. Emma has her doll in hand.  It is an easy but hard life.  But they are close- I can hear them breathe, I can see their smiles I can even smell them.  They are little, and they are mine forever
And then I blinked-

And they grew up!

Seleck, Senior

My stud gov boys

Stockton 10th grade


Madsen 8th grade
Emma 5th grade

Maleck first grade


We call them our "Youngers"

 I am trying not blink.  I want to savor all of the goodness, adventure, life lessons, and hugs.  They have taught me what unconditional love is.  

After the final drop off, I went for a run at 9 am- for years I never thought this day would come.  The run felt good... my body invigorated and then I prayed- I prayed for them, for their safety, for their friends, and then I prayed for me.  That I would be good enough- strong enough for them!  

Sweet strong dreams to you... hope you keep all of your ducks in a row this school year!

And of course Juan and Raphael

No comments:

Post a Comment