6.03.2017

Goat Yoga



Living the Good Life

 I live a pretty blessed life!  Especially when I made the decision to see it that way.  I live in an amazing part of the world, I have amazing friends, a totally terrific husband, and children that keep me grounded on the "important things in life."
 I love seeing life as an adventure.  My friend Michelle and I have decided to take the adventure challenge this summer- We choose something each week a little bit out of our comfort zone and then we "Carpe Diem."   This week we chose "Goat Yoga" at Dust Devil Horse Sanctuary. It was amazing.  We dragged Cami along for good measure and Gwen was kind enough not to laugh at us to much while she took the photos!
 I met Ginger Grimes, the founder of Dust Devil,  in April while I was working on a piece for Etched Magazine.  Ginger is an amazing woman and a new friend.  The work she does at Dust Devil is incredible.  All of the proceeds at "Goat Yoga" go to care for the animals at Dust Devil.

 I have to admit that while this "bucket list adventure" was way out of my comfort zone, it was really quite liberating

 The truth is we have made our lives a "bloody" mess.  All the gizmos and gadgets- "the noise" that we thought would make our lives easier have done just the opposite.  We have removed ourselves from nature and our minds are fuzzy.  We covet simplicity, lasting beauty, and innocence.  
 I felt so much peace and joy at Dust Devil this evening.  I couldn't help but smiling.
 The yoga instructor also reminded  us of the specific benefits of yoga- the deep breathing, the meditation, the digestive perks- yep, I am feeling pretty good.

 Hopefully,  Ginger's place will reconnect those a little "down" on life and remind them of their blessed life too!

                                           I love the life I lead




I spoke to the Yoga Master after class and asked her about the wandering sheep and what she has noticed her students gain from their presence. She responded, "It's hard not to be happy with the "fuzzies" roaming close by!"

I have done yoga a few times, but tonight I really enjoyed it.  I hardly felt self conscious at all- I am pretty sure the furry friends at Dust Devil did that for me.!









Thanks for the adventure!




                   And the scenery at Dust Devil can't be beat either.  

                                     We will definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment