1.24.2017

My Weekend Retreatwith Etched- a writer's paradise


I had an amazing weekend stop with the Etched team at Brian Head.  Rubbing shoulders with marketing guru Ellen Treanor, the very talented Debra Mitchell of Twisted Silver, and the heart stopping photographer/artist,  Nick Adams was absolutely amazing.  Darci, Laurie, and Carrie treated all of us like royalty.  It's amazing, I went into the experience totally out of my comfort zone but left craving our next adventure together.

I have been so blessed by this association and the opportunity to write for a magazine that truly is a work of art.  

A teaser from my piece on Lee's Ferry that appears in the January/February edition Etched.

On a cold and sunless day in November 1871, the tired and wearied John Doyle Lee wandered in search of refuge.  On horseback, his eyes scanned the vast unknown territory before him for landmarks which he had “heard about” but never had seen.  Wary of distant travelers which may prove enemies, Lee’s eyes were alert although his lean limbs indicated otherwise.  Lee sought a crossing on the Great Colorado- a crossing which would one day bear his name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment