7.27.2016

Wednesday Write- This one is for you Chelle!

It's funny how life changes. One moment you are smiling, your struggles are typical and then boom with one doctor's phone call, one visit to the hospital, one test result- it changes.  Then your life is different.  You are different.

You learn to fight for, appreciate, and recognize the life you were blessed with- the people who surround you.  The women who are your strength.

You feel God's power in a way that is hard to describe, you feel the power of prayer in very much a "real way," you feel enveloped in love.

It is that love that sustains you. It is the closeness to God that comforts you.

I turn 42 next week.  Today, I had my first mammogram. At the request of my dear friend, Chelle. It was super easy, super quick, and not uncomfortable at all.  I'm glad I did it.  But this is not the first time Chelle has saved me.


Before we had Maleck, we lost two babies.  Those were dark hours for me.  There were few people I felt safe with and protected.  One was Chelle. I felt I could sit by her and the very essence of her presence comforted me.  I didn't have to say a thing.  And then Chelle saved me again... After Rigby's stroke nearly 7 years ago, Chelle helped me find my "voice."  She asked me to start writing for a project she was working on- it became my world of solitude and relief.  This project turned into other projects and more opportunities to write.  I can't thank her enough for that gift she gave me...

Chelle has a warmth and strength about her that is entirely her own.  It is this strength, this warmth that draws others to her.  Thanks Chelle for sharing your strength with me... now we all share ours with you!  

#getamammogram

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, my sweet friend. This brought a few minutes of balling. All I want is to lift others. I am so honored that you feel I have lifted you over the years. You too are a fierce fighter and I love you for it. Thank you for helping me rally the call to #getamammogram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy, my sweet friend. This brought a few minutes of balling. All I want is to lift others. I am so honored that you feel I have lifted you over the years. You too are a fierce fighter and I love you for it. Thank you for helping me rally the call to #getamammogram

    ReplyDelete