7.08.2016

Friday Fun-Our 4th of July weekend

 Our last holiday with Seleck was simply sweet.  We took time to enjoy the little things and to keep everything as simple as possible... so many emotions going on for everyone! After attending the temple on Saturday with Seleck while Stockton and Madsen did baptismal work, we enjoyed an amazing steak dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Rigby's home.  Sunday we attended church with them, ate steak sandwiches, and then rested.  I enjoyed a snooze on the couch. That evening we headed home.  Seleck had his "exit" interview with President Potter and Rigby had a church meeting.  
 But when the sun started dipping into the western sky, we took one last wander together.  My heart was begging for Seleck to be little just one more day...
 We ran into an "old timer" and local ranch owner.  He showed us the "other trail" to Ashdown Gorge through "Last Chance" Canyon.  The name was rather fitting for the occasion.  
 One of the things we love to do most as a family is to simply wander while exploring the nearby area in which we live.  Oftentimes, there is no trail, no destination.  We simply love the red dirt, the whispering Aspens, and the towering pines.  The memory is our adventure and our destination.
 This particular wander was somewhat somber for us all- 3 days until Seleck's drop off.
 Preparing for Seleck to leave has been a sprint  (He received his call 7 weeks prior to his departure).  In the interim there was a bustle of activities for his high school graduation, youth conference, family obligations, oral surgery, missionary shopping, missionary pictures, farewell, family gatherings, road trips, etc, but throughout this process my love for motherhood was deepened as not only was my bond with Seleck strengthened but the bond with each of my children  as well.  I love these kiddos to the moon, back, and beyond.  Being their mother and Rigby's wife is my ultimate joy!

 Walking through "Last Chance Canyon,"  I prayed that they all might be little for just a little longer.
 But "time is a thief" and the sun rises and sets and little boys become men and the giggles of little girls become poetry and before I know they are gone and I will wander and listen for echoes.



                              I love their bright eyes and happy smiles

 Wow... check out the view from our wander- breath taking.
 My Emma picked me a flower and I tucked it away for a memory...


 We celebrated the 4th of July beginning with breakfast at the Parowan Cafe where Travis and I ate lunch following the purchase of our marriage license (that was 21 years ago).
 We then headed for the parade and enjoyed that "small town feeling."
 The older and bigger our three boys get the more and more grateful I am for these two...
 We spent the rest of the day watching Madsen play basketball in the Motherhood Madness 3 on 3 Tourney, enjoying the activities on the park, eating ice cream, an evening BBQ, fireworks with neighbors and friends, Batman vs. Superman on the outdoor backyard screen, and one more last family cam pout in the backyard.  It was a beautiful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment