11.24.2013

So thankful to be mommy!

The first snowflakes have left a blanket of beautiful white snow in our yard.  It glisten and twinkles in the sunlight.  I love to hear their giggles as they bundle up in their snow gear.  "Mommy,"  they call as they ask for help with their gloves and boots.  They are simply delighted by the majesty of winter and the adventure it brings.  So lucky am I to be their mommy and to have two little ones left for such adventures.  Older brothers seemed to have left the days of childhood magic behind, but these two wear it so well as their eyes dance with magic.

I breathe it in slowly  realizing that these days pass all to quickly.  I watch from the kitchen window as they approach the hill in the backyard (Daddy was so wise to build it into the landscape design... it's perfect for snow sledding and slip and sliding). They squeal in delight as they zoom down their own sled run. There are giggles and laughter as they find icicles and make snow angels.  This is a perfect day and for me it is a perfect memory. 

The cold pinches their noses and cheeks but they remain undeterred.  Attempts to build a snow fort and snow angels are drawn to a close as the horizon bursts in colors of brilliance signaling the end of their adventures.  I have hot cocoa with marshmallows

 

 
waiting for them.  I help them undress and kiss their cheeks with my warm lips.  I savor this memory.  So, thankful am I to be called mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment