8.22.2013

Happy Birthday Big Brother

Happy Birthday Big Brother.  My favorite memory still makes me smile.  I was a Junior in High School and you were playing baseball at Rick's College (BYU Idaho) and  you were home for semester break.  You came to the high school and took me to lunch... to Arby's I think.  You made me fee like a million bucks with your movie star smile and charming personality.  I love you, thank you for impacting my life!


Centerfielder

Visiting us tonight, your attention
Paid to me was little.
So I go to my favorite place where we
can really talk.
The baseball diamond is empty tonight.
The grass is fresh with a summer storm.
It's been years now since you were here. 
Your feet played this very field.
I close my eyes trying to see your image
in this moon sprinkled night.
Your kind eyes are shaded by a baseball cap,
Your hands clothed in you favorite worn mitt.
all that you loved was found
In four bases, a bat, a ball, and nine players. 
Intently, I watched each game
With cherry snow cone dribbling
from my chin.
I blinked and we both grew up
The baseball diamond remains
To remind me.
The cool grass tickles my feet
I walk to center field.
I see you...
You are running, arms stretched,
rays of sunshine envelop you
Yes, you caught it!

No comments:

Post a Comment