4.22.2013

Today narks my 15th year of being a mom.  On April 22, 1998 we welcomed our first and oldest child Seleck to our home.  His younger brother Stockton joined our family as his 2nd birthday present.  Yep Stock was born just two short years later on April 22, 2000.  Tonight as we gathered around the table to sing "Happy Birthday" to this handsome duo with our "fab 5" and grandma and grandpa, I was reminded what being a mom was all about.
My kids have  taught me about God.  When our oldest was only two we had just been to take dad his lunch.  Daddy was having a rather frustrating work day and our son could tell.  While I was driving he said, we should say  a prayer for daddy.   He is said.  I pulled over and I had my first spiritual freezer moment with my son.    Somehow I had thought our number five child would be mellow and easy going type.  What was I thinking.   Most days he bosses me around.   “Mommy, play catch!”  “Mommy shoot the ball.” “Dance mommy dance1”  These are just a few of his favorite phrases.  So I was completely caught off guard when this the loudest monkey in my zoo  started to sing  “I Love to See the Temple.”

No comments:

Post a Comment