4.09.2013

Another memoir:   My "fab five"  write a little bit of something in my heart everyday.  I love being a mom!

Some say heaven is a quiet place where we jump from cloud to cloud and lazily lay about day dreaming, but I know that heaven is a place of lizards, snakes and horny toads, of fishing, hunt and shooting BB guns.  The Pittsburgh Steelers are sure to win every super bowl and there are more piles of dirt to dig in and rummage though than one could possibly dream.  Cardboard boxes easily become forts with creativity and duct tape.  Hunting snakes and catching potato bugs leave day dreaming a thing of the past.

It's a place where laughter lights the sky and dandelions decorate every mother's hand.  Fielding grounders and shooting hoops pass the time and the clouds are a little bit dusty from the dirt on little boys' shoes.  Camping in tents replace the greatest palaces, and heavenly Father is sure to spare a minute for a little bit of wrestling.

I know this is what Heaven must be like because I have had a little bit of heaven with me for eight years.  Seleck's chocolate brown eyes and chestnut hair shadow the freckles on his face which surely must be angel kisses.  The moment you were born changed my life forever.  I know Heavenly Father loves me because he sent you to our home.   What a blessing  you have been to your dad and I.  Your example of faith and desire to serve our Father in Heaven touch my heart daily.  I know you are a choice favored and brave spirit and the step you take today will lead you home.  Thank you for letting me be your mom and for showing me that love is truly a verb.

Congratulations on making your first most important choice and when we meet in heaven lets jump on a few clouds, hit a few fly balls, chase lizards and eat lots of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment