4.15.2016

Weekend Wander- Spring City, Utah

 I found more barns on a recent wander- only fitting due to the name of my blog... barnwood and tulips.  When I am not running the house for Rigby and our "Fab Five,"  I am a wanderer.  If I could, I would wander aimlessly everyday.
 My visit to Spring City in January was amazing.  A definite respite from the every day life.  I needed its fresh air, its quiet- seeing these pics again bring back that same feeling.  I just breathe easier


 Spring City is located in Sanpete County, Utah.  In 2010 Forbes Magazine identified Spring City as one of the prettiest towns in America- I can see why...
 The streets tell the stories of the original 1852 settlers who came here under the direction of Mormon Prophet Brigham Young.  Known first as Allred Town and then Spring town its first settlers were Danish immigrants.


 In the mid 1860s locals referred to the North side of Town as "Little Copenhagen."

 As much as I love chocolate, I love old barns, old trees, and quiet streets.


 The architecture of Spring City dazzled my senses... so many stories.


 Main Street was a perfect find- a dance hall, a fire house, a schoolhouse- perfection with a capital P.

 One visit here is just not enough.  I want to see it dressed for all the seasons.

 It's quiet peaceful hum draws visitors and leaves them intoxicated
 I shall remember this place always... I pray it will come to me in my dreams.

 Life warrants a wander, an adventure- make it yours and then write the story.

 Spring is here with its lilacs-- I wish to return and pick a few, catch a few grasshoppers and return for another story!


 I missed a few sights, the Orson Hyde house, the endowment House built by Orson Hyde. It is still standing at 85 West 300 South.

                  Happy Friday!  Be sure to Wander this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Some of your information is not exactly correct, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete