3.23.2016

Wednesday Write- watching the tulips- for Julene (Juge)

 I watched my dear friend bury her sister last week.  It broke my heart to watch her struggle, to literally gasp for breath.  They were 18 months apart in age- best friends since birth.  Known as Juge and Weed they were captivated by all life had to offer.  They loved to each other.  They were the lucky ones.

 I wish I had known Weed other than as the sister Julene was always talking to on the phone.  But from the stories that I heard about her, she was Love and Happiness. As Julene delivered the eulogy, I was overcome with her strength and quiet dignity.  The stories she shared from their childhood made me laugh, and then she made me cry as she described her sis!  But she also said something that I have thought of over and over since Saturday..."It's our imperfections that make us perfect."
 So, true.  Our souls are so much like snowstorms and tulips.  Perspective is everything.  Even in the storms there is beauty and growth...it makes the tulips all the more beautiful.  

I wish I could hug Weed and tell her thanks for reminding me how to live my life today... everyday.  But especially thanks for sharing her sis Juge with me.  She makes me laugh at life, she follows me around my kitchen and helps me put dishes away, our kids throw rocks at each other and she still loves me, she makes me think and ask questions- this makes my faith stronger. No wonder you are best friends!
I pray to live HAPPY everyday like Weed and to love like Juge...
watch for the tulips Juge they will come- I will watch with you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, friend. Thanks for being there for me over and over, even before this nightmare. Love you! ��

    ReplyDelete